Thursday 5 April 2012

Trial and error

Well, I thought I had this blog looking pretty slick until my husband told me it was half chopped off on his monitor. Fingers crossed I've fixed it now - although I can't understand why I have such a huge gap under my pics before the post. Any ideas??

My main motivation for having a blog is to keep track of all the little craft things I achieve - namely because of  my Mum's birthday present last year. Get comfy - it's kind of a long story.
I had decided to tackle an enormous craft mission - a completely over the top tea cosy with different crocheted flowers complete with leaves. A couple of things had to happen for this project - 1) learn to crochet, 2) crochet 20 flowers and 3) make 50 leaves. I spent hours and hours making all the little flowers and sewing them onto the cosy. I had actually managed to finish it in time instead of once again popping a happy "belated" birthday present in the post. Sorry Mum. 
But, in my rush to get it into the post to make sure it wasn't late..... I didn't take a single photo of the finished product.
Then horror of all horrors - no parcel arrives. We wait. Still no parcel. Contact postal service here and in NZ - nothing. Seems the cosy has gone astray. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
So, all I hope to achieve is that should I ever have this misfortune again, at least I can show the recipient what their present was supposed to be and how much they would have liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment